The applicant confirms that:
2. I confirm that all the information provided in the application form is up to date and accurate.
3. I have read the applicant guide and have full practical, and financial (if organisation funded), support in place from my manager and organisation for me to commit to all aspects of learning during the full duration of the programme. I understand that these terms and conditions come into force once my place on the programme has been confirmed, and if I subsequently either fail to start or withdraw from the programme, the organisation or individual responsible for funding my place will remain liable for the full programme fee of £4,500. Any fees paid once I have commenced on the programme are non-refundable.
4. I understand that the programme is designed around practical learning in the workplace –the most important environment for me to learn and develop as a leader – and that I will not be able to complete the programme without application in my workplace. I understand there is an extenuating circumstances policy in place if I struggle to apply the learning in the workplace, which is provided once the programme commences.
5. I will attend and partake in all the face-to-face / virtual workshops and all the learning activity associated with the programme, including all the assignments regardless of the amount of study leave I am granted. Not attending the programme without agreeing extenuating circumstances with the NHS Leadership Academy could mean that I may lose my place on the programme.
6. I acknowledge that the NHS Leadership Academy does not routinely defer places, and a request to defer my place will only be considered in very exceptional circumstances.
7. I Understand that all elements of the programme are compulsory, and attendance is part of the assessment, pass mark, and NHS Leadership Academy accreditation. I understand that the assessment criteria are as follows: a) Completion of all online work through the Virtual Campus b) Mandatory attendance at all four residentials and learning sets c) Submission of three written element assignments.
8. I have the full support of my line manager to take part in the programme and they have agreed on behalf of my organisation, to make the necessary workplace arrangements and allow me time away from work in order for me to attend all of the face-to-face elements. I agree that standard communication regarding my attendance in the programme will be copied to my line manager.
9. I understand that there may be audio recording, filming and photography of me taken whilst on the programme. I agree that the NHS Leadership Academy may use photographs, film, audio and video recordings of me made during the programme to showcase the programme including promoting it in the NHS, to Central Government, and to the public via the NHS Leadership Academy’s website or other media.
10. To receive the Nye Bevan NHS Leadership Academy award in Senior Healthcare Leadership, I will submit a piece of work set by the Acacdemy. By submitting this I am confirming that my submission is my own work and I accept all responsibility for any copyright infringement that may occur as a result of this submission. I am aware this material will enter the public domain, be shared across my cohort, and have provided no personally identifiable information about colleagues or patients that have not previously provided me with written consent.
11. The programme fee will cover the cost of accommodation and lunch for the residential events when offered as face-to-face delivery. Travel costs are not covered.
12. I understand that if I move jobs during the programme:
A) This does not automatically constitute extenuating circumstances for withdrawal from the programme; and
B) I will make my new employer and line manager aware before I accept the job offer that I am committed to complete the programme and will require their support to do so.
13. The amount of paid or unpaid study leave I receive (in addition to the time away from work for the face to face elements of the programme) will be determined by the relevant policy of or by the management of my employing organisation.
14. If I am from outside the UK working in England with a Visa, I confirm my UK Visa and immigration clearance covers study as well as work for the full duration of the programme and I can provide proof of this.
15. If I am self-funding, if, having accepted a place, I understand I will be invoiced automatically using the details I have given on my application. If I either fail to start or fail to complete the programme for any reason whatsoever (other than for a reason that the NHS Leadership Academy in its absolute discretion determines is an extenuating circumstance), I will remain liable to still pay the programme fee and the fee will not be refunded.
16. If my organisation is funding my place on the programme, I will submit a Purchase Order or my Internal Transfer details before the programme starts and by the deadline as stated in the offer email.
17. Failure to secure payment for participation on the programme will be reviewed by programme leads and will result in my removal of access to the course materials, virtual campus and workshops.